Openings for non-HA staff
Openings for HA staff
(Anaesthesia / Anatomical Pathology / Cardiothoracic Surgery / Emergency Medicine / Family Medicine / Internal Medicine / Neurosurgery / Paediatrics / Radiology)
The Hospital Authority (HA) invites applications from experienced doctors who are not fully registered with the Medical Council of Hong Kong (MCHK) and yet have acquired relevant postgraduate qualifications set out in the requirements below.
To provide clinical and patient care related services.
1. A qualification comparable to the Intermediate Examinations of constituent Colleges of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine.
2. Three years of clinical experience as post-internship registered medical practitioner.
3. Proficiency in English.
4. Proficiency in Cantonese (except for Anaesthesia, Anatomical Pathology, and Radiology).
HK$68,009 to HK$139,079 per month (including Monthly Allowance)
Applicants having three years of clinical experience as post-internship registered medical practitioner and possessing a qualification comparable to the Intermediate Examinations will normally receive no less than HK$78,065 per month (including Monthly Allowance).
Medical Registration and Employment Visa
The HA will arrange selection interviews with shortlisted candidates and will support applications of suitable candidates to MCHK to practice under Limited Registration.
The HA will also assist successfully registered candidates who are non-Hong Kong residents in obtaining employment visas from the Hong Kong Immigration Department prior to commencement of work.
1. Salary to be offered will be commensurate with relevant experience and qualification of the selected candidate.
2. Appointment will be on contract terms for a period of one to three years which is renewable subject to renewal of Limited Registration with MCHK, satisfactory performance and mutual agreement.
3. Up to 15% of total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by HA) as end-of-contract gratuity will be offered upon satisfactory completion of contract.
4. Salaries tax in Hong Kong is currently charged at progressive rates of up to 17%, or standard rate of 15%, whichever is lower.
5. May be required to work shifts and irregular hours as well as to perform on-call duties.
6. Refer to this link (http://www.ha.org.hk/haho/ho/hrd_jv/LR_Qualifications_201819.pdf) for examples of qualifications comparable to the Intermediate Examinations of constituent Colleges of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine.
7. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for selection interview. The first interview session will be arranged in October 2018 tentatively.
8. Applicants invited for selection interview will be required to provide the below documents (scanned copy by email or photocopy by mail) before interview:
a) Certificate of professional qualifications;
b) Certificate of registration or other document evidencing the applicant’s registration with a medical authority outside Hong Kong at the date of the application;
c) Documentary proof of all full-time post-qualification clinical experience (include internship); and
d) 1-2 reference letters from current / previous employers.
9. Please submit application online.
10. This VNC will close on 31 March 2019 (Hong Kong Time).
For enquiries, please contact Ms Melanie TAM, HA Head Office at +852 2300 6542 or send email to email@example.com